When planning a trip to Ireland, you’ll want to also plan excursions and activities to fill up your days, as well. Whether you enjoy relaxing vacations filled with amazing spas and superb wine tastings or enjoy going on epic adventures and sailing the coastline, you’ll find that Ireland has plenty of excursions right up your alley. Here’s some of our favorite Ireland vacation activities that we experienced on our most recent trip:
- The charming village of Adare. Venture away from the usual Ireland cities and explore the amazing village of Adare. Along the way, stop at the Foynes Flying Museum in Limerick, the only aviation museum in Ireland. Start your day off in Adare with a full Irish breakfast and at Timmy Mac Bistro at the Fitzgeralds Woodlands Hotel. The cottages in Adare are known for their old-fashioned feel, so if you can’t stay at one, at least make sure to walk around and check out their exteriors! End your day at Bill Chawke’s beer with a pint or two.
- Visit Teeling Distillery in Dublin. Although most will probably venture to the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin for a pint, we love Teeling Distillery for some amazing whiskey samples and just a great time. Enjoy learning how the “water of life” is made with an informative guide and learn about a few other legends in Ireland’s capital.
- Clontarf Castle. No Ireland vacation is complete without a visit to a castle! Made to be felt like kings and queens at Clontarf Castle, a gorgeous Dublin Hotel with amazing food and drinks. The castle is rich with history and was at one point held by the Knights Templar! Stop in for a visit and a cup of tea and take in it’s grandiose.
- Blarney Castle. Another one of our Dublin favorites, Blarney Castle, is a cant-miss when it comes to Ireland stops. The home of the blarney stones, guests can make the small trek to the historic landmark and kiss it for the ‘gift of gab.’ Explore the expansive gardens and take in the castle’s weath of history before you leave!
- Jaunting Cars in Killarney. Explore the beautiful Killarney National Park and the amazing Lakes Of Killarney in style by climbing aboard the Jaunting Cars (a picturesque horse and carriage ride) Your tour guide’s intimate knowledge of Killarney is sure to impress and delight you. The scenery is enough to make any visitor impressed!
There are so many wonderful places to visit in Ireland: magical small towns, gorgeous coastal cities and of course, the bustling city of Dublin. The many different excursions that these cities choose to offer allows you to pick your own adventure and create your type of vacation. What will you choose?
To view additional articles on great travel and vacation ideas to Ireland and The UK, take a look at our Blog Library