We Strongly Recommend Travel Insurance.
Before making your travel arrangements, please take just a moment to remember how unpredictable traveling today can be. Common travel problems like flight delays, travel injuries and illnesses, unpredictable weather and lost or stolen luggage can result in remembering a trip for all the wrong reasons.
With the big trip quickly approaching, now is the time to ensure that you’re planning for the best, so we offer valuable travel insurance coverage and assistance through Travel Guard, one of the world’s leading providers of travel insurance and assistance.
We strongly suggest that our clients purchase the optional travel insurance. The Travel Protection Plan is an affordable package with an array of benefits that provides coverage for many unexpected events.
Please Note: This policy pertains only to premiums purchased after December 1st, 2011. If you were invoiced for insurance prior to that time, your policy is slightly different. Please either contact your agent to confirm your policy details or refer to the insurance details included in your travel documents.
TRAVEL PROTECTION PLAN (Plan# 007715 P1 11/11) INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING
100% OF TOUR COST FOR TRIP CANCELLATION & INTERRUPTION
$750 TRIP DELAY
$500 MISSED CONNECTION
$1,000 BAGGAGE & PERSONAL EFFECTS LOSS
$250 BAGGAGE DELAY
$50,000 MEDICAL EXPENSES
$500,000 EMERGENCY EVACUATION & REPATRIATION OF REMAINS
$25,000 ACCIDENTAL DEATH & DISMEMBERMENT
ASSISTANCE SERVICES LISTED BELOW*:
TRAVEL MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
WORLDWIDE TRAVEL ASSISTANCE
LIVETRAVEL EMERGENCY SERVICES
* Non-insurance services are provided by Travel Guard.
WHY CHOOSE THE TRAVEL PROTECTION PLAN
- It’s 10 p.m. and you have arrived at the airport for a connecting flight to Dublin, only to find that it has been cancelled. Who can assist you with finding new flights to catch up with your trip?
- Your bag was lost with your prescription medicine inside. You need help to locate your bag as soon as possible and have your emergency prescription filled. Who do you call?
- On the way to your vacation in Glasgow, your passport and wallet are stolen. Where do you turn for emergency cash, and how will you get your passport replaced?
- Your child or parent becomes seriously ill and you must cancel your trip. What happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments?
- You arrive in Dublin and your luggage doesn’t. If it’s lost, who will help you find it? If it’s delayed, who will pay for your necessities? If it’s stolen, who will pay to replace it?
- You’re golfing in Cork and you twist your ankle. Who can help you find a physician to have it examined?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What does this plan cover due to Trip Cancellation?
A. The insurer will reimburse the non-refundable, pre-paid payments or deposits if you must cancel your Trip for:
- An unforeseen sickness, injury or death of yourself, a Family Member, Traveling Companion or Business Partner.
- Inclement Weather causing delay or cancellation of travel.
- Strike resulting in complete cessation of travel services at the point of departure or Destination.
- Your Primary Residence being made Uninhabitable by Natural Disaster, vandalism, or burglary.
- You or your Traveling Companion being subpoenaed, required to serve on a jury, hijacked or quarantined.
- You or your Traveling Companion is involved in or delayed due to an automobile accident while en route to your Destination.
- You or your Traveling Companion is involuntarily terminated or laid off through no fault of his or her own, which occurs more than 14 days after an Insured’s effective date of coverage, provided that he or she has been an active employee for the same employer for at least 1 year.
For a complete list of covered reasons for Trip Cancellation, please refer to the Description of Coverage.
Q. Will I be covered if I cancel my Trip for ANY reason?
Q. What happens if a family member not traveling with me becomes ill or passes away? Is this covered?
Q. When does the coverage begin?
Q. How do I file a claim?
A. Call Travel Guard at 1.866.385.4839, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A representative will review and complete a claim form for you and explain what needs to be provided in order to process your claim. The form will then be faxed or mailed to you for signature and to provide the appropriate documents.
Please call 1-866-385-4839 for questions or claims needs related to the Travel Protection Plan.
Please refer to plan code: 007715 P1 11/11
This is only a brief description of the coverage(s) available. The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Insurance is underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., a Pennsylvania insurance company, with its principal place of business at 175 Water Street, New York, NY 10038 and currently authorized to transact business in all states and the District of Columbia. NAIC No. 19445. Coverage may not be available in all states.
If you have any questions about specific coverages, call TRAVEL GUARD at 1-866-385-4839