If you get the chance to travel to Europe in the near future, make sure Wales is one of your stops. Not only does the country have a gorgeous rugged coastline, beautiful national parks to explore, and castles galore, Wales is also known for it’s fantastic eateries. In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, we’ve compiled our top 5 romantic Wales foodie destinations for you to check out during your stay.
- Aber Falls Distillery. This distillery, which is only one of four in the country, has been around since the early 1900’s and uses specially crafted Welsh ingredients to distill their whisky. Stop in for a tour and the chance to taste some of their delicious whiskeys!
- Ty Hyll (Ugly House) Tea Room. This quirky tea room serves up homemade food made with locally sourced ingredients and piping hot tea. Enjoy dishes like Welsh Rarebit, one of their fantastic homemade quiches, and their popular Scotch Eggs.
- Angela Gray Cookery School. We’ve got a great solution for you if you are looking for something to do while in Wales for date night: a cookery school! Angela Gray Cookery School offers hands-on cooking courses, as well as demonstrations.
- Food Foraging In Wales. If you and your partner are the types of people who enjoying working a bit for your food – this unique and adventurous option might be your best bet. Join a Wales foodie expert for a foraging walk, where you’ll roam through country lanes and mountain pastures, learning what you can and can’t eat. At the end of your journey, you’ll experience a cooking demonstration and be able to eat what you’ve foraged – a satisfying experience, indeed!
- The Admiral St. David at Cardiff Bay. If you’re looking for the classic fine dining restaurant to woo your sweetheart while visiting Wales, we highly suggest you checking out The Admiral St. David, which sits on Cardiff Bay. The restaurants floor to ceiling glass windows allow you a birds eye view of miles upon miles of Cardiff Bay on a clear day. Along with being a romantic dinner setting, this restaurant also offers afternoon tea.
Can you imagine any better gift than surprising your loved one with a vacation across the pond? Contact us today at email@example.com and mention “Valentines” for $100 off your Wales vacation quote.